Saturday, July 12, 2008

On the Rain-Slick Precipice

Demo version:

Well, I played the demo of this. It took about an hour. I didn't expect anything more. It left me wanting to play the rest of it so I'll give it that too. If you enjoy Penny Arcade comics then definately give this game a try.

You have to create a character in the beginning whose house gets smashed by a giant Fruit ****er. Gabe and Tycho come out of nowhere chasing after it. It plays like a final fantasy game with a turn based combat (Sorry Gabe, you shoulda convinced them to do like Xbox's fight night) and displays an array of decent attacks/items you can you use in combat. All in all, I will score it pretty low because it lends itself only to a few of the many gamers out there. If I hadn't been reading the Penny Arcade comics I wouldn't have gotten about 75% of the jokes, though to be honest I wouldn't have downloaded the game at all if I hadn't seen the advertisement on their web page... so I guess they did a good enough job.

If you enjoy the comics at all, at least try the demo. $20 for a game isn't worth the game imo but then again, it's a long plane ride home and I might need something to preoccupy myself.

No comments: