Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Simpsons Game

Alright, I will have to say I enjoyed this game. The cut scenes were funny ala the Simpsons tv show. And the jokes didn't get too old. The differing abilities for each member of the Simpson family makes for a enjoyable experience. Homer turning into a giant ball of blubber, Marge telling mobs of children and dogs what to do, Bart being akin to Batman, and Lisa doing her zen sax thing, are all very wonderful experiences that anyone who enjoys the tv show, should definitely experience.

All in all though, I'm going to give this game my worst rating yet. This is mainly because the camera angles were the absolute worst out of any game I've ever played. People think Ninja Gaiden is bad? Try this game, if you go too close to the wall you cannot move the camera because the developer didn't allow for that to happen.

The puzzles are irritatingly hard. I hated doing them because of all the repetition involved in it. All in all it reminded me of a crappy version of Conker. Conker was much more fun and the developers spent a lot more time on it. This one felt as if Matt Groening just pasted the Simpsons onto a video game to make a few extra bucks.

Though if you like movie references/parodies and enjoy the Simpson's game, I would recommend it. It only took about 5 hours of gameplay.

A high 7.5 for this one. Rent it, actually... borrow it, but don't buy it.

~J

1 comment:

T.D. said...

It was worth it just for the fake movie/game posters. Professor Frink posing as Gordon Freeman was pretty hilarious as was Apu in "Sitar Hero."