Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Console Wars: The Conclusion

Ok, I know I haven't been able to explain all the differences between the 360, PS3 and the Wii, but I think that over the last posts a conclusion can be met. Now all of this is completely subjective. I can understand if someone chooses one over the other and in no way am I trying to convince anyone that one console is better than the others. I'll give my reason for liking one over the other but in no way does that imply that everyone else should think the same.

For the Wii:
I do think that the Wii is a great console to have. Yes it's not a true gaming console and is very selective in its games but the true fun of this console relies in it's ingenuity. It has taken gaming to another level and I think that in a few years Microsoft and Sony will be using technology similar to how the wii plays it's games. It's a party console. Perfect for enjoying time with people who don't play video games often. But it's definitely worth your time to play.

For the PS3:
Where to begin? We'll start with the whole blueray thing. The PS3 is able to have the best picture quality from the DVD because of Blueray. This doesn't mean it looks the best on games, but it does mean that the quality on the TV from movies (if you fork over the extra $10 to rent the blueray) will look better than their regular counterparts. The Controller feels so flimsy to me as a gamer. It coule be my Xbox upbringing but I like being able to throw my controller without fear of it breaking. I feel like if I squeeze it too much the PS3 controller will break. The games on the PS3 aren't in my style as much as the 360. Sony is supposed to be good at RPG's of every variety. How is it that the top toted games coming 0ut are FPS? It doesn't make sense to me.

For the 360:
I essentially grew up on the original Xbox, so it's no wonder that I would take the 360 over the PS3. I love the way controller fits my hand better than the way the PS controllers fit my hand. Of course my hands are big. I love the way FPSs work on the 360, not so hot on the 3rd person though. There are differing reasons to buy each one and the biggest reason for me is the fact that I would rather play the games coming out exclusively on the 360 than the games coming out exclusively on the PS3.

All in all, I'm really not trying to convince anyone. I was trying to put out a objective viewpoint on the state of all the consoles and felt like I did that. All of them have their uses. I just choose the 360 over the others.

~j

8 comments:

Josiah said...

I've been disappointed with the games I hear of coming out for PS3. It seems that all the games I wanna play come out for Xbox. It's sorta like the difference between Mac and PC. PC has better games and more.

Feedthebird said...

That's cause steve jobs is dying...

Feedthebird said...

OOOPS... uh oh stock is about to fall 50% on Apple... :S

T.D. said...

PS3 has yet to produce a legit blockbuster exclusive to their console. It was supposed to be Heavenly Sword, then Drake's Fortune, then it was supposed to be Little Big Planet, now it's Killzone 2. Yet we have yet to see an actual break out hit. The Xbox, however, gives us Halo, Gears of War, Bioshock and Mass Effect. Superior hardware be damned, it's no good if it just serves as a paper weight.

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20070727

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/11/17/maximum-moisture/

Feedthebird said...

How dare you put CAD in my blog!

T.D. said...

Even a blind (and sexually dysfunctional) squirrel (with mom issues) finds a nut(while flinging his own poo) once in a (great)while.

T.D. said...

Ruh-roh

http://fidgit.com/archives/2009/02/killzone-2-and-the-five-foot-s.php

Word verification:

Conts

Josiah said...

I think the fact that Final Fantasy XIII is coming out on Xbox is a pretty big blow to the PS3.